Wherever you are on your trucking journey, we have the perfect truck driving success guides for YOUR situation.
Jim Purcell of Trucker Country Presents:
The Complete eSeries on Truck Driving Success!
You probably already know that trucking can be an amazing career, where you can (potentially)…
Well, that CAN be true IF ...
IF you know exactly what you're getting into before getting started
(Having a good understanding of the big world of trucking is a must before running headlong into it!)
IF you select a high-quality truck driving school and CDL training
(There are literally THOUSANDS of truck driving schools and they’re definitely NOT all high-quality!)
IF you find a trucking company to drive for that matches your vision and goals
(Reliable and Stable. Honest communication. Fair routes, pay, benefits, etc. Finding a company like this is NO easy task!)
IF you continue to learn trucking and improve as a truck driver as you gain experience
(The training isn’t finished just because you finished school or did your time with a driver-trainer.)
As you can see, there are a lot of IFs on the path to trucking success. That’s why I created Trucking Made Easy . . . To guide you every step of the way on that path.
BECOMING A TRUCKER
The Ultimate Guide to Professional Trucking Success
Becoming a Trucker will start your trucking education. This is a 3 ebook series helping to guide you through the beginning stages of your trucking journey and was written with every future or beginning truck driver in mind.
Becoming a Trucker
WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF TRUCKING
There’s so much you need to know about trucking if you’re even thinking about entering what can sometimes be a very tough and demanding profession.
- The School of Hard Knocks (or how NOT to get started!)
- Why Should You Even Consider Trucking as a Career?
- Determining How Far You Want to Drive
- Should You be a Company Driver or an Owner-Operator?
- Exploring the Different Types of Trucking Operations
- How Will You Get Paid and How Much Can You Really Earn?
- Making the Decision. Is Trucking the Career for You?
I’ll take you step-by-step through everything you need to learn and implement to get started in trucking and to ensure long-term success.
Discover all the great things about trucking and why it may be the career for you!
- Job security. There’s currently a huge demand for new truck drivers.
- A trucker’s income, and financial destiny, is in their own hands.
- See the country, experience adventure, and face ongoing challenges.
- Be your own boss – you experience freedoms and responsibilities not found in other jobs.
- There are virtually unlimited opportunities and choices available!
Truckers have many driving options to choose from and decisions to make
There are different types of trucking as well as different ways to drive. We’ll be looking at a few of these including…
- Do you want to go it alone or with a partner? A look at solo and team driving.
- How far do you want to drive? Exploring the options of driving OTR (over-the-road), regionally, or locally.
- Can you take your family and/or pets on the road with you?
How Will You Get Paid and How Much Can You Really Earn?
- How much money will you make immediately following truck driving school?
- Training with a driver-trainer until you’re ready to go it alone.
- Analyzing pay based on level of experience, pay by the mile, pay by percentage, by the load, by the hour, etc.
There are many types of products to haul. We’ll look at the various types of trucking operations
All the following are discussed:
- Reefer (refrigerated – produce, meat, beer, etc.)
- Flatbed and specialized trucking (heavy haul, oversize, etc.)
- Tankers – liquid bulk (fuel, oil, dairy, etc.)
- Dry bulk operations
- Household moving
- Multiple trailers (doubles, triples, etc.)
- Livestock (chickens, cattle, etc.)
- Intermodal (containers)
- Automobile haulers
- Wood and forestry products
- And even more!
Additional information for new drivers
- A brief history of trucking.
- Helpful trucking terminology and definitions.
- CB Radio 10-Codes and terminology.
Helping you make the decision to become a trucker
- Try not to get too comfortable. The conditions are always changing in trucking.
- Looking at the many responsibilities of a trucker… the truck, the load, communicating with dispatchers and the company, the customers, the law, and everyone else out there on the road!
- Trucking company policies which are sometimes…difficult.
- The concern about getting home. Home and family time, the challenges it presents, and how to handle all of it.
Becoming a Trucker
Getting Your CDL & Truck Driver Training
Once you’ve decided that trucking is the career for you, it’s time to really get started down that path!
There are two main sections in Book 2:
Getting Your CDL
Are you interested in getting your CDL but not sure exactly how to go about it? Not even sure what a CDL is? Whether this describes you or you’re already familiar with trucking and just need a little help getting started, you’re in the right place!
Trucking gives you a chance to make great money within your first year of driving! That’s IF you get the right information, guidance, and training. And if you wanna be a trucker, you gotta have a CDL. Plain and simple. The good news is that it’s not really that difficult… IF you take the right steps.
In this section, you’ll find all the information and resources about the CDL you’ll need to get started on a successful truck driving career.
Truck Driver Training
Whether you’ve made the decision to find a truck driving school and get on the road to a career as a truck driver, or you’re still just curious about how truck driving schools function, this section will help you learn more about truck driving schools so you can make more informed decisions, and have a better chance at a successful truck driving career, if you go that route.
Getting Your CDL & Truck Driver Training will help you get there!
Getting Your CDL
- What is a CDL and why do you need one?
- Learn how to get a CDL, step-by-step.
- CDL regulations and the requirements to become a trucker. Includes federal and state CDL requirements.
- Information about CDL endorsements and which ones you need.
- CDL testing information. Learn which state exams you must pass and exactly how to pass them without endless hours studying the state CDL manual!
Truck Driving Schools: Getting Trained
It’s vitally important to your success that you don’t get taken in by the wrong school. CDL mills and unqualified schools are everywhere these days. We’ll show you how to select the RIGHT school for your situation.
- The truth about truck driving schools: Analyzing truck driving schools’ claims, including free and guaranteed training, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- Free or paid training, guaranteed employment, CDL mills, tuition reimbursement, and how to choose depending on your circumstances.
- Learn about the different types of schools: private, public, and in-house / company-sponsored truck driving schools.
- Learn how to select a high-quality truck driving school: What are the essentials?
- Is attending truck driving school mandatory?
- Information about truck driver training for veterans of the US Armed Forces.
- How long will training take and how much money is required?
- Truck Driving Schools Can Be Expensive! How Do I Get the Money?
- How to find a high-quality school in your state.
Becoming a Trucker
Starting Your New Truck Driving Career
You’ve got your CDL and completed your truck driver training. Congratulations on a job well done! The next step is finding the right driving job.
Unless you attend company-sponsored training (details in Book 2), you’ll have to go through a protocol to find and, more importantly, investigate potential trucking companies.
Choosing the wrong company could leave you unhappy, not making enough money, never getting home time…even possibly deciding to leave trucking altogether. That’s not the goal!
If you choose the right job, you could be there a long time, driving the way you want, and making great money!
After deciding on, and getting hired by, a trucking company, it’s time to get started!
I’ll discuss what you must do when you get hired by the company, arriving at the company headquarters and/or terminal, attending your driver orientation, on-the-job training and working with a driver-trainer, plus some final words of advice to help you get your trucking career started off on the right foot!
Truck Driver Options and Opportunities
- Find the right job – one that’s perfect for your abilities, goals, and situation.
- How to find jobs based on: distance/time away from home, potential money you can earn, type of trailer and cargo you want to haul.
- Can you change from one type of trucking to another?
- What to do if you want to relocate to a different area of the state or country?
- Examining other factors which affect driver pay.
Your Driving Record and Job History
- MVR, DAC, and PSP reports, the CSA Program, plus negative items truckers must avoid.
- Making too frequent job changes (or job hopping).
- About your work history, creating a professional resume, and more.
Resources to Help You Find the Right Truck Driving Job
- How to evaluate trucking companies and job opportunities.
- 18 Important features you should compare to narrow down your list of top trucking companies.
- Ensuring you meet trucking company hiring requirements.
- Making your final selection and applying to the trucking company or multiple companies.
Starting a New Truck Driving Job
- On-the-job training for new drivers.
- Information about driver orientations (what to expect, typical procedures, remember you’re interviewing them too, etc.).
Trucking Company Information and Procedures
- Driver pay information: getting cash on the road.
- How to get more miles and make more money!
- Handling non-driving trucking duties efficiently to increase your bottom line.
- Communicating with the company: texting, check calls, qualcomm, etc.
- How trucking companies operate: department roles & responsibilities.
- Other key company policies, traffic violations, accidents, dispatcher relations, etc.
The Ultimate Guide to Professional Trucking Success
If you made it through school and got your CDL, you’ve really come a long way. Great Job! So, what now?
Trucking Mastery, of course!
If you’re thinking, isn’t that what truck driving schools are for? Well, to a degree, yes. But let me ask you this: Do you merely want to survive, with a somewhat decent paycheck, while only rarely seeing your home? That’s if you even have a normal life at all!
Or, do you want to succeed at trucking? Real success. To make great money at a job you work efficiently, and profitably? Maybe become an owner-operator, eventually even owning your own fleet of trucks.
Or, thinking outside the box, investing your profits into other profitable endeavors.
The sky’s the limit, if you master your profession!
After BECOMING A TRUCKER helps you get started on your new trucking career, TRUCKING MASTERY will take you to the next level!
You’ll go way beyond the trucking school basics as you learn what only the best truckers out on the road know.
If you’re just curious about trucking, you’ll get a realistic, birds-eye view into the lives of truckers. Seeing the good, the bad, and even the ugly parts of trucking will help you to make a more informed decision about whether a trucking career is for you, and exactly what type of trucking you’d be best suited for.
Truck driving schools teach you a lot about trucking, and are essential in helping you become a successful truck driver. A good trucking school can help you learn basic driving skills, get your CDL, and often help you find a truck driving job.
But … most trucking schools don’t teach you enough about life on the road and how to succeed at each step of the trucking job and life. This is not a slam on these schools. It’s just not possible to learn all of what TME teaches in just a few weeks of CDL training.
Then, how can YOU succeed?
Most drivers had to learn trucking through trial and error. Yes, even me! Some people call this the “school of hard knocks.” The reality is, most truckers take several years to graduate from this school.
Even worse, many end up quitting altogether, because trucking, and the road itself, can be tough to endure, let alone master.
That is, until now!
Trucking Mastery was written to help you quickly get up to speed and excel as a professional trucker. You will master trucking in no time at all!
What's Inside Trucking Mastery...
Don’t settle for average results. Achieve outstanding, lasting trucking success with the help of Trucking Mastery!
I'm Jim Purcell
I became a trucker in 1992 and have driven over 2 million miles. I started writing TME while driving long haul in 2002. What began as scribbled notes about what drivers could do to be more efficient on the road, turned into a series of books that cover virtually every aspect of truck driving, including mastering trucking as a job and way of life.”
When I first got into trucking, back in 1992, I didn’t know a thing about trucking. After seeing a newspaper ad from a trucking company offering to train even inexperienced drivers and help them get their CDL, I figured…
Why not give it a shot? I needed a change of pace from the same old 9 to 5 routine, and trucking sure seemed to fit that bill!
I’d soon be on the road, thoroughly trained and prepared to make a lot of money, and successfully living the trucking life. Right?
Boy, was I wrong. I had no idea of what I was getting into, or even a clue of how to get there. The training I received at that truck driving school (one sponsored by a very well-known trucking company) left me poorly trained and totally unprepared to have any chance of success in the big world of trucking.
I had to learn trucking the hard way. That is, I learned by trial and error. In fact, this took years.
So now, after many years (and heartaches, headaches, and troubles) and well over 2 million miles later, I can humbly say I know a lot about the world of trucking, how to become a successful driver, and how to get the most out of the trucking life.
More importantly, I can show YOU how to do the same, without the years-long learning curve.
Trucking Made Easy: The Complete E-Series is a collection of guides designed to help you succeed at every level of trucking.
It’s easy to get off on the wrong foot in the trucking industry, as many drivers can attest to. But you won’t have to IF you follow the information in this trucking success package!
Start Your Trucking Journey Today !
Here's What You Get Inside!
I want to be very clear about my refund policy for Trucking Made Easy. My goal is to help people who are seeking a potential career as a truck driver. I want you to succeed on your journey and not have to go through the same trial and error I did. If you don’t feel that Trucking Made Easy is the right program for your situation, I’ll return your investment immediately upon request, anytime within the first 60 days from the day you purchased.
Bonus Guide #1
Inside this guide you’ll find subjects essential to job success and enjoyment, but very rarely discussed.
Whether you’re still deciding on a career in trucking, or you’re a trucker who wants to get more out of the trucking life, you’ll find invaluable information and resources inside to help you in your trucking life.
Inside, you’ll find…
The Trucker’s Guide to Layovers discusses layover activities and resources, including plenty of layover activities truckers can do while on the road.
The Trucker’s Life at Home goes into more personal areas of an over-the-road driver’s life. How the job effects a driver’s relationships with his family, how to deal with the time away, and financial issues are a few of the subjects covered.
In Truckers Can Be Healthy, you’ll get a real-world view of the typical trucker’s diet and nutrition, and alternatives to their usual truck stop restaurant routine.
There’s also a section on self-contained trucking, in which you’ll learn how to save money, time, and your health.
Finally, Truckers Can Also Be Fit! discusses a driver’s usual routine, and offers many great ideas for getting and keeping in shape while still maintaining a high level of trucking productivity.
Bonus Guide #2
THE TRUCKING SUPPLY GUIDE
You name it, if a resource will help you in your trucking job or life, it’s included in The Trucking Supply Guide! This guide will help you in many ways:
- Determining what to take with you on the road.
- How to get organized and stay that way.
- Exploring the many options you have in the trucking job and life.
- Resources you can use while you’re on the road, for job efficiency or personal enjoyment.
Some of the major categories include: tools, load securement & protection, household mover’s supplies, truck & personal supplies, food & beverage supplies, computers, trip planning, organizational supplies, and electronic appliances & accessories!
In addition, you’ll find many money and time saving links. This is a very useful resource for all truck drivers!
Becoming a TruckerThe E-Series for Beginning Truck Drivers
Book 1: Welcome to the World of Trucking
Book 2: Getting Your CDL & Truck Driver Training
Book 3: Starting Your New Truck Driving Career
Bonus Guide: Trucking Lifestyles
Trucking Made EasyThe Complete E-Series
Beginner Guide: The Becoming a Trucker 3 Book eSeries
Pro Guide: Trucking Mastery
Bonus Guide #1: Trucking Lifestyles
Bonus Guide #2: The Trucking Supply Guide
Trucking MasteryThe Ultimate Guide to Professional Trucking Success
Trucking Mastery: The Ultimate Guide to Professional Trucking Success
Bonus Guide #1: Trucking Lifestyles
Bonus Guide #2: The Trucking Supply Guide
Top FAQs About Trucking Made Easy
Sorry, no ships are used in delivering Trucking Made Easy to you.
Seriously though, it’ll take no time at all! It’s an instantly downloadable digital eSeries so you can have it on your computer, phone, or tablet just minutes after entering your payment details, so you can get started today! No waiting required!
OK, good question. First I have to mention my experience. Over 20 years in trucking, I ran up over 2 million miles without an accident.
That’s quite a bit, right? However, there are more than a few truckers out there with similar qualifications and experiences. So more importantly, it’s how I got started in trucking, along with the many challenges I experienced and problems I had to overcome, that qualifies me to write these guides and offer advice about “all things trucking.”
Truth is, if I would’ve stumbled upon a high-quality truck driving school in the beginning, and maybe started driving for a stable and honest trucking company, I might have never had first hand knowledge of the struggles new drivers were having. And I might have never created Trucking Made Easy!
Trucking Mastery is available as a separate product for current truckers who want to experience greater enjoyment and success in the trucking industry… the kind of success seen in far too few drivers out there.
Even when you’re just getting started in trucking, or even if you haven’t yet made the decision to become a trucker, one thing that can be the most helpful is seeing what it takes not only to become a trucker, but what it takes to become the BEST truck driver, one who experiences success at every level of trucking. The job and the life, making the most money you can, getting home as much as possible, enjoying your life while you’re out there driving, whether you’re a local driver or an over-the-road warrior who rarely sees home!
You’ll be better able to envision yourself as a professional truck driver, and more easily determine whether or not you could successfully see yourself living the trucking life.
If you’d still prefer to get started with just the Becoming a Trucker eSeries for beginners without Trucking Mastery, click here.
Seriously, I don’t think this will be the case. But if for some reason you feel that Trucking Made Easy is not what you expected, or somehow it’s just not worth the investment, no worries. Let me know and I’ll immediately issue you a complete refund.
Let me repeat my refund policy for Trucking Made Easy. My goal is to help people who are seeking a potential career as a truck driver. I want you to succeed on your journey and not have to go through the same trial and error I did. If you don’t feel that Trucking Made Easy is the right program for your situation, I’ll return your investment immediately upon request, anytime within the first 60 days from the day you purchased.